RSS

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Crafturday Creative Mess 5 - Rock star!!

Today in Crafturday Creative Mess, I am featuring one of my favourite bloggers Gail Jacobson. I love reading Gail’s site “Cant stop making things “. It contains instructions to make crafts that don't require special skills or expensive materials yet result in professional looking items that you can use or proudly give as gifts.
In this episode of C.C.M gail teaches us how to transform a simple plain rock into a beautiful gift.
Supplies you will need:
1.Smooth rock
2.Foiling pen (gold leafing or rubber stamp department of Michael's)
3.Silver embossing powder
4.Stazon black ink

Tools:
1.Heat gun
2.Small alphabet rubber stamps

Instructions:
Draw a star on the rock with the foiling pen. Let it dry until clear (about 5 minutes).
Place the rock on a piece of copy paper and cover the star with silver embossing powder. Turn the rock over and tap it lightly to let the excess powder fall onto the paper. Use a small paint brush to remove any stray bits of powder. Fold the paper slightly and pour the excess powder into its container. Replace the lid (important - you don't want to accidentally melt all the powder in the container). Heat the star with the heat gun until the powder melts and the lines get shiny.

Stamp "You Are A" on the rock.

Now that you (hopefully) read one of Gail’s cool posts and learned to love her as much as I do, would you like to connect with her? If yes then please visit www.cantstopmakinthings.com

You have to subscribe, it is more than great. It is fun, refreshing and a must see. Gail adds a new post each week. All the instruction and downloads are completely free. Enjoy!
I would love to hear if you have visited Gail’s website.

Final shot
You can now get Chitrasutra’s updates delivered straight to your inbox. Hope you will use this cool opportunity to stay connected with me.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! If you tried making these then click some bright pictures of your rocks and send them to me at artchitrasutra@gmail.com. I like kind comments too. Please feel free to drop a note! :) Thanks for stopping by!
Linking it to The weekly story 50

Images: Cant stop making things

Grab my blog button.....


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome!! awesome!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh I love this idea-- My daughter loves to collect rocks - If I can bribe her to give me some we will try this idea!

Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

notyet100 said...

Wow

Unknown said...

love ths neelima...

SouthernScraps said...

Neat idea, and I have those supplies in my stash!